RECIPE: BANOFFEE PIE ala Starbucks

Recipe as good as the infamous Starbucks Banoffee Pie!

Banana + Toffee = Banoffee Pie

Just so you know, I hate bananas. I guess I am the only one alive on this planet who doesn't eat this uber nutritious fruit. Sad.

That is why I am always finding ways to incorporate banana in food that can disguise the banana taste. So far, I am successful in three recipes: This Starbucks Banoffee Pie, a banana shake (I'll be posting later) and a banana cake (yeah, anything that has flour, I can eat!)

So here goes the easy recipe for this BANOFFEE PIE ala Starbucks. I might be biased, but it really tastes like that of the ridiculously-expensive banoffee pie of Starbucks... (that I am a patron, haha). Happened to run out of cash lately thus prompted me to try to make my own.

Enjoy! This is really easy :)

Starbucks Banoffee Pie... 

SIMPLE RECIPE:

  • 300g Marie (or digestive) chocolate biscuits. (if you have plain digestive biscuits, just add 1 tsp of cocoa powder to the crust)
  • 2 tbsp butter (melted)
  • 4 ripe Bananas
  • 1 can Condensed milk (for the Toffee recipe below)
  • 300ml Whipped Cream
  • 1 tsp coffee
  • Grated chocolate (optional)
1. Throw the pack of biscuits on the wall or wham on the table (ideal to make if you're angry). You can use the food processor to make things easier though. Pulse for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in the (melted) butter. Mix with the crumbs. Transfer to a dish bowl or a pan and make the crust.
3. Refrigerate for 20minutes just to set the crust.
4. Slice the banana and scatter on top of the crust.
5. Pour the toffee caramel over the bananas (boiled condensed milk, toffee recipe below)
6. Whip the cream using a hand mixer or just plain egg beater. Add the coffee as you whip (don't skip the coffee! This will enhance the taste, promise!). Splat the whipped cream on top of the banana.
7. Sprinkle with grated chocolates to add some calories ♥

ALL-AROUND TOFFEE RECIPE:

1. Place the tin of unopened condensed milk in a pan of boiling water and allow it to boil for two (2) hours. This is perfectly safe. Done this many times :)
2. Remove the tin from the boiling water and allow it to cool enough so that you can touch it and open it. 
3. Open the tin very carefully and stir the gooey caramel inside. This can be stored for a couple of weeks and can also be used as topping to brownies or cakes 



Comments

  1. Hi, thanks so much for posting this easier-version and budget-friendly recipe! I just realized why spend at Starbucks when you can very much create your own. God bless ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! I actually made some today and I forgot the recipe. Good thing I had it stored here :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Popular Posts