On Winning Competitions

Just yesterday, I was sadly mulling over the fact that I haven’t won anything yet for 2012, not even an RM1 (less than a dime) voucher (yes, that alone would have made me very ecstatic). I was actually beginning to get discouraged in comping (short for competition joining.)
Then one fine, very hot Malaysian day, I received two great prizes! Wow! And these are the things I really wanted (and even prayed for!)

1st, KFC gift certificates; my family is thrilled about this, we all love KFC original recipe, and we religiously eat here every Sunday after church. So a gift certificate is really a huge gift for us!
2nd, four (4) VIP passes to "Disney on Ice in Malaysia" worth RM1000 (US $300); oh boy, that (at least for me) is really bigtime! This is one comp that I had really been praying for. 

You see, I don’t pray for my winnings… I am actually ashamed to ask God for something as trivial as winning a competition. I think as such because prizes are not really a necessity, it’s like praying for something that you just want to have, ha-ha. But the Disney ticket, that I really prayed for. Two reasons: one, because our baby Bella loves Mickey Mouse so much, and I know she’d be really oh so happy to watch it live, front row even. The second reason, if in case we would not be able to come (due to hubby’s strict work schedule) then I would try to sell the tickets for a fraction (as in ¼) of its original cost, and use the money to pay for my dad’s fare going to Kuala Lumpur. He is unemployed and has meager funds so I badly want to help him pay for his journey. As I was praying, I asked Him to search my heart and see that the desire for this prize is not for me but for the people I love. My prayer was granted!
 
I now realized that my winnings (including the future ones) would be things that I truly need. That would mean nothing fancy for me, lol, like a car, or an Apple Ipad (aww, that I desire, but is not really needed) or sweepstakes perhaps (no, I don’t buy those tickets!)

But who knows… Que sera... I just thank the Lord for these lovely, unexpected surprises each and every time.

 For more details on the event, please go to this ticketing site: http://www.ticketpro.com.my/jnp/family/disney/764504-disney-on-ice-lets-celebrate.html

Comments

Popular Posts