Removing Hot Sauce Stains

While I was relishing every bite of the 3rd slice (or was it 4th!) of the delicious pizza I won from Greenwich Pizza, I suddenly craved for a hot sauce to go with it. Hurriedly I rummaged through the box and found the hidden gem - hot sauce!

Without bothering to use scissors, I opened the sachet of the hot sauce with my tooth. Wrong move, it splashed onto... my favorite white walking shorts! Nooo!

I removed the shorts immediately and washed them in running water in a futile attempt to remove the glaring red stain with detergent. No use. Uh-oh, this looked like no ordinary stain I thought to myself. So I then turned to my most reliable advisor - Google!

I tried a few pieces of advice I read to no avail. The shocking red stain on my white short pants is still glaring angrily back at me. Here's what did the trick:

After I was the stain washed under running water, I used a toothbrush and vigorously rub the stain with a dishwashing liquid (or paste) with a tablespoon of vinegar. I rubbed, let it soaked, washed, then repeat the process. The stains were slowly fading, hurray! There is still a faint red stain so I will let it soak (vinegar, laundry detergent powder and dishwashing paste/liquid) overnight and see if the stain can be completely removed. 



Comments

Popular Posts