A Good, Idyllic Life: My Secret Thoughts


I envision my best day to be whiling away my time at the beach. I would wake up to the lovely singing of the birds, have a satisfying, quiet breakfast with my husband and bid him goodbye. At least, only for a little while.

I would lie in the sand under a palm tree, a book in my hand and a cup of tea in the other. The humid breeze of the sea, the sound of the waves and the distant laughter of children playing as the only sounds I hear. I would spend the whole day just this way. And when finally the sun hides its majestic rays, I'd take a quiet stroll at the shore, barefoot, reflecting on the years that have gone by, what I have achieved and what else I could accomplish to better not only my life but the well-being of those closest to me.

Then I would return back to the comfort of my home, my family, for I can not last a day without them. I would tuck my kids to bed and share with them what a rejuvenating day I had. And when finally its time for me to rest beside the warm embrace of my husband, I would whisper a prayer of gratitude for being blessed with a simple life.



What about you, how do you envision your ideal day..?

Comments

Popular Posts